I have completed the first try of my reverse applique floral challenge! I took a slightly different approach on this from my trial piece - deciding at the last minute to use the sewing machine rather than hand sew the edges. This gives the piece a different look - the shapes had to be simplified and white borders added around them, but It looks and feels pretty professional up close (despite a few wobbles that are apparent in the photo!)
I have take photos throughout the process and will be adding a tutorial when I have made this into a cushion cover. I am also going to try at least one more version which will be hand-sewn as per my original plans!
My favourite parts are the embroidered details which I think I will add more to any new versions.