Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Whim 20 continued: Reverse Applique Floral


I have completed the first try of my reverse applique floral challenge! I took a slightly different approach on this from my trial piece - deciding at the last minute to use the sewing machine rather than hand sew the edges. This gives the piece a different look - the shapes had to be simplified and white borders added around them, but It looks and feels pretty professional up close (despite a few wobbles that are apparent in the photo!) 
I have take photos throughout the process and will be adding a tutorial when I have made this into a cushion cover.  I am also going to try at least one more version which will be hand-sewn as per my original plans!
My favourite parts are the embroidered details which I think I will add more to any new versions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment